Thursday 19 November 2020 | 15:00 – 17:00
Are you working or studying at the Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR)? Are you working on and/or interested in the topic of Sustainable and/or Just Cities? Join us for this interactive webinar on 19th November to share your ideas, publications and questions with other EUR students and employees!
This event is organized for EUR employees (academic staff and all others) and students to share and connect their research, studies, education and other activities on the topic of sustainable and just cities, including activities to make the EUR more sustainable and/or just. It is organized as part of the Vital Cities & Citizens (VCC) initiative of the EUR.
We will start with short introductions by three EUR-researchers on how they address the topic of sustainable and/or just cities:
- “Sustainable and Just Cities from a Translocal and Transformative Power Perspective” by Dr. Flor AvelinoOpens external (DRIFTOpens external, ESSB, Vital Cities and Citizens Initiative)
- “Learning from Stories of Solidarity in the City of The Hague during COVID times” by Dr. Rosalbe Icaza Garza (International Institute of Social StudiesOpens external).
- “Circular Economies from the Grassroots” by Dr. Wouter Spekkink (DPAS, Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences)
This will be followed by a World Café Opens external discussion where all participants get a chance to share their work with others, and discuss possible interlinkages and synergies for this theme. The discussion will be organized in break-out groups with 3-5 people interchanging 2-3 rounds. Questions will include:
- What do you find interesting about sustainable and/or just cities and why?
- How are you working on sustainable and/or just cities? (research/education/other)
- What are 1-3 relevant publications about sustainable just cities by yourself and/or others?
More information and registration: